I’m a software engineer constantly keen on improving my skills and open-minded about cutting edge technologies.
I have a strong background as software developer and broader engineering knowledge provided by my studies, making me technically flexible and capable to focus on any given task.
I’m highly motivated to develop a better awareness of software methodologies and best practices in commercial environments with large teams.
Not only am I happy working in a team, but also I feel comfortable in working remotely. For details about my skills please refer to my working experiences and to my profile page.
In my spare time I love reading Sci-Fi books or developing new projects that almost always involves principles of functional programming.
“[…] I also know how important it is in life not necessarily to be strong but to feel strong. To measure yourself at least once. To find yourself at least once in the most ancient of human conditions. Facing the blind deaf stone alone, with nothing to help you but your hands and your own head…” ( ITA)
– Primo Levi, Il sistema periodico, Torino, Einaudi 2005. “Ferro”.
- Senior software engineer, Further - London (UK), Mar 2017 → Current
- Lead software engineer, FCS System - Treviso (IT), 2014 → Jan 2017
- General system administrator, COMETA, Catania (IT), Mar 2014 → Sep 2014
- Information Technology and Services Consultant, DIEEI, Catania (IT), Jun 2014 → Aug 2014
- Mobile app backend developer, A2PLAB, Dec 2013 → Feb 2014
- Master of Science in Computer Engineering, University of Catania (IT) — , Nov 2011 → Nov 2013
- Scholarship holder, University of Catania (IT), Jan 2013 → Jun 2013
- Angular 7 (formerly Angular 2) - The Complete Guide. Certification date: May 2018. License
UC-9SPINQOW. See certificate.
- Functional Programming Principles in Scala by École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne on Coursera. License
ALDULU43AC. Certificate earned on 29th June 2014.
- Computer Forensics by Università di Catania, earned on September 2012. Course syllabus. (ITA)
- Giordano D., Torre A., Samperi C., Alessi S. and Faro A. (2013). An Ontology based Approach to Integrate Data and Maps - In the Government Enterprise Architecture: A Case Study. In Proceedings of the 15th International Conference on Enterprise Information Systems - Volume 3: ICEIS, ISBN 978-989-8565-61-7, pages 356-362. DOI: 10.5220/0004558403560362.
- Giordano D., Torre A., Alessi S., Costanzo A. and Faro A. (2013). Integrating Distributed Data Bases in a Semantic Framework - The K-Metropolis Project. In Proceedings of the 15th International Conference on Enterprise Information Systems - Volume 1: ICEIS, ISBN 978-989-8565-59-4, pages 322-328. DOI: 10.5220/0004558203220328.
- Giordano D., Torre A., Samperi C., Alessi S. and Faro A. (2013). Joining Data and Maps in the Government Enterprise Architecture by a Semantic Approach: Methodology, Ontology and Case Study. In: Hammoudi S., Cordeiro J., Maciaszek L., Filipe J. (eds) Enterprise Information Systems. ICEIS 2013. Lecture Notes in Business Information Processing, vol 190. Springer, Cham.